24 September 2007

hope

The joy of my day yesterday came in the form of a six-year-old named Dylan. We had quite the conversation before our opening SS time. Then, when I walked into his class to help out, he shouted, "Energetic Erin!" (remnant from the name game a few weeks ago at children's church) He was completely wired! About 15 minutes later, he proceeded to lose a (very loose) tooth after purposely hitting himself in the face, all with dramatic flair. The teacher and I couldn't help but laugh at his shenanigans.

It's the naughty ones that always steal my heart :o)

I've noticed that the children's minister that I'm helping has made some changes in his approaches in working with the kids and working with me. I've made a few comments about the lack of respect the kids have been showing, and he's taken a firmer stance with them if they get out of hand. He's also been making lists of things for me to do/know, which (a) keeps him a little more organized, (b) helps my task-oriented personality, and (c) helps me to see his train of thought and what his plans are in the long run. I should thank him, because it helps me a lot.

No comments: