29 September 2007

books!

I realized this week that I miss reading. As a seminary student, I have my fair share of reading, don't get me wrong. And like a true dork, I enjoy theological reading (though not all of my textbooks this semester engage me...)

However, I have realized that as an English major, I was spoiled by my continual immersion into literature. Yes, it was work to read and analyze and write about all those books. But man, I read some good stuff. And I've been missing it, to the point where when I'm really bored I resort to reading fan fic online for various things (which is an interesting cultural study, but not exactly what you would call great writing). So I dug out the old library card, put a few books on hold, and early next week will be able to work through some fictional books again. Inspired by a good friend, I have compiled a list of books and authors that I want to pursue, though my rate of reading will vary depending on my work load.

I am a true English nerd. ;o)

In other news...I have a confession to make.

I watched Grey's Anatomy with a bunch of girls on Thursday. And maybe kinda sorta liked the show. Yeah, that's not like me, is it?! Watching something popular, especially something that girly and soap opera-ish. But I definitely liked the social aspect and the opportunity to get to know them more (apparently they get together every week). So, yay for that! Stay tuned for whether I become addicted to the show...

2 comments:

Mary-Carolyn said...

What are you going to read? Maybe I'll add it to my list!

Also, isn't America's Next Top Model kind of popular. Or at least not academic? Its definetly girly!

Erin said...

Well, I successfully checked out Mama Day (Naylor) and Deja Dead (Bones book)...which I've told you about already, haha. But as I discover books, I will pass them on!

And yeah, maybe I have given in to girly television before...hahaha.