03 November 2008

it's a small world after all

The other night, I was celebrating a friend's birthday, and was introduced to one of his friends from PASSPORT that he worked with several years ago. She seemed really familiar.

I asked her when and where she worked. One of her years was Wingate 02, my first year as a camper.

She was my Bible study leader.

Now we're both PASSPORT staff alumni, and have some of the same friends. Funny how small the world can be sometimes.

***********
In other news...I'm recovering after our Fall Festival, which over 600 people came to. I'm a bit sad that most of the congregation doesn't realize I did most of the planning for this event. I'm ready for the election to be over (and excited about all the options of free food on election day!). And I'm frustrated by people who like to do things at the last minute and expect me to switch around my entire schedule for them.

No comments: