20 June 2008

live from Memphis

I've been at the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship meeting in Memphis since Wednesday, and it's been quite an experience. This is my first national convention, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But I've run into several people that I know from various parts of my life (one remembered me when I was a PASSPORTkids staffer two years ago!), so it's fun to make those connections again. I'm not really into the political side of Baptist life, so I haven't been attending the business sessions, just the breakouts and worship. Perhaps I should care more about it. But it's given me time to explore the downtown area with friends - and yes, I've been to Beale Street :o)

More thoughts on it after I return to the East Coast.

And yes, the ribs here are AMAZING.

No comments: