04 February 2008

church membership

I changed my church membership yesterday. A slightly scary thing. I've only been the member of one church in my hometown, but after taking this part-time position at another church, I've felt the need to commit fully and transfer membership. It's more symbolic than anything else, as I continue to fight my distrust of working in a church setting. To give you an idea of how I was feeling...I think I was more nervous about going forward on Sunday than I was on opening night of Godspell.

But if I am going into church ministry, then this is something I'll have to get used to - committing to a church, but then moving on as the Spirit leads. So I did it. And the church members were very happy for me, which made me feel better about it. In fact, several didn't realize I wasn't a member yet. And we'll see what happens next...

In other news...as Godspell comes to a conclusion this weekend, I will be doing a lot of decompressing about the experience, some of which I hope to share on this blog. So stay tuned...

1 comment:

Some Kinda Guy said...

I would just like to say how jealous I am that you can change your membership so fast...I have to go through like a 9 week class at Third Pres! aaaa!