20 September 2007

thoughts on church ministry

I'm realizing a few things about church ministry. First, since I'm working with the kids, I don't get to go to a Sunday School class, hear a sermon, or go to a Bible study. Theoretically, I'm in seminary classes and therefore talking about faith-type things all the time...but it's more of an academic look. Not to put down the academic side...it can be very beneficial for my personal understanding and growth in my faith. But...I still need that community learning aspect outside the classroom.

I'm making a point to attend chapel at least once a week, solely so I can sit in a service and listen and not worry about doing something or being somewhere or making sure something goes correctly. I really need to be conscious of keeping the aspect of spiritual development a part of my life, both individually and in some form of community. But where, and when, and how?

It's the continual question...who ministers to the minister? I haven't figured that out yet...

No comments: