10 March 2008

nothing deep here today...

...just a few interesting things people have said/written to me today...

From the church secretary:
"You look like Izzy from Grey's"

-I guess that's a compliment...minus the whole sleeping with a married man thing. But, she didn't say I acted like her.

From my spirituality professor:
"You write so well, and your reflections are full of both tenderness and that pleasant self-deprecating humor of yours."
-I didn't realize self-deprecating humor was a trademark of mine. I find that interesting...

From a church member:
"It is wonderful to have your smiling competent presence at church!"
-Somewhat awkward compliment...but appreciated nonetheless.

I never fully know what to do with compliments. I've finally been able to simply say, "thank you." Just as long as they don't go to my head...

No comments: