22 November 2007

Turkey and chainsaws?

I am currently vegging out and recovering after the family Thanksgiving get-together...nope, not from overeating! My family does things a bit differently; instead of getting dressed up and sitting nicely around the table, we throw on our grubby clothes and go do home repair projects at a family member's house, working up an appetite for that big dinner. This year, we were at my cousin's house, where we cleared brush, split logs, and did some painting. It's a pretty cool tradition, actually, helping each other and doing hard work together; guess it's that Southern/agricultural background. The family has it's share of issues, but they're not afraid of manual labor and are always there to lend a helping hand, and I'm proud of that.

But what made today even better...I got to drive the four-wheeler around, transporting brush and logs and loving every minute of it. Yup, city girl's got a little bit of country in her, even if she has difficulty going in reverse with the trailer attached. I tried not to grin too much while I drove it around, but I loved it. It may be a gas-guzzling, environment destroying machine, but it's so much fun to drive! My mom took pictures, and I'm hoping they turn out good...I don't get to do that often!

I will definitely sleep soundly tonight...hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow to take advantage of free day at the Y :o)

Happy Thanksgiving to all; hope your day was just as enjoyable!

No comments: