01 November 2007

hello sleep deprivation

This week has been INSANE. Crazy busy with school work, work work (hello fall festival)...means little sleep and lots of stress! And it's typically during those weeks where God likes to turn my life upside down...

Example numero uno: J-term. (and my apologies - I feel like writing in short sentences and third person for some odd reason...I think it's the 4 hours of sleep I got last night)
Erin tries out for play. Erin gets email from professor with entire cast list, excluding her name. Erin thus assumes she is not in the play, and registers for another class and plans to go to the New Baptist Covenant in Atlanta, which would have conflicted with opening week of play. Professor stops Erin in the hallway today and says he accidentally left her off the list and he really wants her in the play. Erin is now confused and gives herself 24 hours to think and make a decision. Be in a musical (one of her dreams) or attend a potentially historic event in Baptist life? Oy.

Example numero dos: ...lets just say I'm having difficulty figuring out what I should do for the summer, and it might involve a certain camp that I love...

It's times like these when I really wish I had a burning bush, complete with God telling me exactly what to do. Alas, I must make a decision for myself. Accompanied by lots of prayer, conversations with others, journaling, and chocolate.

But seriously, when you're in a situation choosing between good and good, how do you know what to do? I see God in both choices, and am pretty sure I would be happy either way. But I don't trust my mind, my desires. Perhaps I need to trust more in the God who gave me this mind and these desires, trust that he/she will guide me and give me peace in whatever decision I make. Somewhere in my past, I became afraid of making the wrong decision and drastically veering off of "God's path" with one choice that I make, like I can never go back. The more experiences I have, though, the more I can see how that line of thinking is flawed. Yeah, bad choices do happen sometimes, but the important part is to keep trying, to keep seeking, to find God in whatever path you choose. Too bad I can't always convince myself of that...

Anyone got any chocolate?

No comments: